Community Market Manager
Job Title: Community Market Manager
FLSA Status: Full time with benefits package (health, dental, vision, FSA after 60 days), 80 hours of PTO for the first year with paid company holidays).
Schedule: Full-time, flexible and in person
Travel: Local travel as necessary
Details: This position is slated to start March 6, 2023
Summary: Youth Empowerment for Advancement Hangout (YEAH) is a Black-led, community-based non-profit supporting teens and young adults in West and Southwest Philadelphia ages 15 to 24 who are impacted by violence. YEAH works to create safe and authentic hangout spaces by providing culturally relevant engagement and implementing teen led interventions to address the root causes of violence. Utilizing teen action through peer led mediation and conflict resolution, community engagement, and economic opportunities, YEAH interrupts the cycle of youth community violence. YEAH acknowledges teens and young adults as the experts of their own lives and prioritizes pushing back against oppressive systems and addressing structural barriers that often lead to violence.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: The Community Market Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations and tasks of running and sustaining YEAH Philly’s community market. This position will work with various staff members and young people to ensure successful market operations and the creation of new operations.
Job Requirements: Philadelphia resident or residency within 6 months required. High School diploma required; Bachelor’s degree preferred. Candidates should have superb organizational and administrative skills and must have previous experience with supply chains, distributions, administrative, finance, and operational duties; must know how to take initiative, be action oriented, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Candidates who identify racially or ethnically as Black or Brown and have been personally impacted by the criminal legal system or violence (directly or indirectly) are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Create and maintain relationships with community members.
- Create and maintain relationships with renovation contractors.
- Survey the community to ensure food justice and equitable food distribution (types of foods people want and need, feedback about our processes).
- Assist leadership with coordinating the remainder of market construction and renovations.
- Identify new supply chain distribution sites for the market.
- Create new relationships and site visits with distribution sites or other community markets to ensure best practices and ongoing success of the market.
- Create and maintain market inventory process to ensure store is stocked appropriately.
- Assist with the interviewing, hiring, and supervising of young people who will run the market and be employed.
- Create and maintain POS system for market.
- Assist and oversee training young people for the market jobs, processes, POS, and customer service.
- Maintain market budget and complete fiscal forecasting with the executive team.
- Attend monthly finance meetings with executive and finance team.
- Create policies and procedures manual for the market.
- Compile fiscal policies and procedures with the market.
- Other duties as assigned
To apply, please email resume/CV to email@example.com and use Community Market Manager as the subject line. In your cover letter, please discuss your experiences and qualifications related to outlined responsibilities. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an in-person interview. Based on organizational capacity, unqualified applicants or those providing an incomplete application will not be contacted.
Youth Empowerment for Advancement Hangout (YEAH) is an equal opportunity employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, people with lived experience, disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, YEAH does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment, admissions, and educational programs.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Employees will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.